Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Week's Featured Artist is...




Mogen Creative! :) I'm terribly sorry that I am behind this week! I was trying to get some subjects to feature because I want to feature some artists who may not be in the spotlight as much as others!

And this weeks artist most certainly SHOULD be in the spotlight!

Whether it's royalty free digital art, her amazing artwork or a super cute piece of work done by the budding artist in the family.. this is a great place to find what you need or want! :)

Now you can learn a little about this amazing artist!

1)Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a SAHM - proud, and thankful to be. I've been married almost 4 years, I've learned the secret to being treated like a queen in my marriage is to treat my man like a knight in shining armor - boy does it work! and I have one spirited little one-year-old daughter who discovered what a snail is today.

2) What do you create and why?
I'm an artist - both the old fashioned, paint and canvas type, and the techno graphic designer type. I think I was 7 when I really became a doodle-head. I found it was easier to consentrate in school if I was drawing, so I started doing it all the time. Lots of doodling school time, and art classes later, here I am, a grown-up mom, and still a doodle-head.

3.) What things will we find in your shop?
Featured in my shop are my most recent pieces of work. A lot of pieces I have in my shop I actually did in High school and college. But the featured work I've done in the last couple of months.

4) What is your favorite piece and why?
My favorite peice has got to be "Atlas." It's a beautiful display of daddy-child love, and the tittle reflects the image from a mom's eyes. To a mom, her kid is her world, and the man that carries that child on his shoulders is a hero. Instead of being a simple display of "I can draw something cool," this painting has a deeper meaning, and takes my art to a deeper level.

5.) What inspires you to be on Etsy?
It means I can share my art with the world, not just the local folks that might come to a local gallery show, or look at my living room wall.

6)What are your short and long term goals with your work?
Short term goal - just make a couple sales and couple of friends. Long term goal - I'd like to further go down a line of one style of art, rather than the ecclectic blend I have now, and see about getting high-quality prints available.

7) Anything you'd like to add?
Never ask a kid "what's that supposed to be?" when they show you their art. Just say "tell me about what you made." Kids are awesome at being creative; and grown-ups too often hinder that side of them.

Thank you MogenCreative for being so helpful and answering my questions! I especially love answer 7! I learned that as an early childhood educator and it is SO true! Through out the coloring books and let your children's imaginations run wild!

Now for some of her awesome work!



1 comment:

pumpkinhaus said...

what a nice feature!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails