Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Top Ten Songs

These are my (current) top ten favorite songs. What are yours?
(Songs link to the videos when I could find them) :)


Honorary Mention:
 "Movin' On"  by Rascal Flatts I loved country very much once upon a time, and still like many country songs...and I think even an non country fan can appreciate this song.

10. "Goodbye to Love" by The Carpenters-- So sad, soulful, and unlike their normal bubbly tunes.

9. "Woman in Chains" by Tears for Fears--Hard to pick just one, but this one is the best.

8. "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor Yes, I know Prince wrote and originally performed this song. He is a rock God. But her version is such a symbol of my pre-teen--teenage years. That video is burned in my brain. And she's so raw in this song.

7. "Tears" by Rush My husband LOVES Rush. Like the way I love Amos Lee. And most of their songs are eh for me because I don't so much care for hair rock. But this song is amazing.

6. "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel Really? Pick one Billy Joel song? Too hard.

5. "Wait" by Benjy Davis Project This band is so young, yet so wise, and the lyrics to this song is a fantastic story.

4. "Vultures" by John Mayer. Not one of his more popular songs but awesome.

3. "Must be the Water" by Marc Broussard. A very Louisiana song with soul and booty shaking.

2. "Black River" by Amos Lee. Song writing at it's finest.

1. "Imagine" by John Lennon. Does it really get better than that?
1. (1st place Tie) "Oh My Love" by John Lennon. He is and always will be the best songwriter ever.

What are YOUR top ten favorite songs?

Hope you enjoy mine!
~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails