Friday, January 7, 2011

Year of Living Frugally--Purging and Cleaning

Hi all! While I don't really do New Years resolutions, I do like the changes a new year can bring, the clean slate, refreshing yourself and home.

I've continued my living frugally, cutting coupons, shopping the sales, stockpiling my pantry/freezer/fridge and I've made some nifty organizing/cleaning improvements :)

****Kitchen Organizing:
Print these freezer and pantry inventory forms from Organized Home. Instead of writing directly on the paper, I put the papers inside a clear plastic sheet protector, and write my inventory on them with a dry erase marker, and store the paper on a clipboard above my chest freezer.



****Kids Room Organizing:
My boys room has always been a disaster because they have bunk beds and until recently, my youngest was still in the crib. But he has successfully moved to a big boy bed so it was time to move that crib out. Doing so opened a huge part of their room and thus made a nice book corner for them :)


My boys also received a moon lamp from their grandma that shows the phases of the moon. Naturally it comes with a little remote that of COURSE is required to make the moon work. So, I decided to find a way to make sure they don't lose the remote.


Now if only I could find a big enough piece of velcro to use on the boys when they get outta hand...just stick 'em to the wall!!

What's new in your cleaning/organizing/frugal world??

~~mama

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails