Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten Minute Cleaning Attempt

Hey gang! You know I'm forever trying to streamline my life here! Well, I had been told about the  10 minute cleaning method once before by my dear friend Dee and I am going to give it a go again! In fact, I suspect I've blogged this before..but, eh, it's my blog, right? :)

I'm not 100% sure the true method or where it came from (I'm gonna guess flylady), but here's my take on it:

I am home most days, much of the day except grocery day. So on the at home days (except the Sabbath), I will do 10 minute cleaning every hour throughout the day. It doesn't sound like much but what I figure is if I do it from 9-5 every day, plus a pre-bedtime pickup, that 90 minutes of cleaning a day, but it won't FEEL like that.
Now what can you clean in ten minutes? Glad you asked!
Here are some of the things I'll keep a list of to keep me motivated!

Load and Unload Dishwasher
Wipe down cabinets/counters/tables.
Vacuum
Dust (preferably before the vacuum!)
Sweep and Swiffer (with my handy resuable pads from MicroMops!)
Bathroom Cleaning
Take Out Trashes
Sweep Patio, pick up backyard
Pick up Toys, Straighten sofa, etc.
Wipe down Appliances
Load/Fold/Put Away Laundry
Clean out Car


The list can go on and on. You just basically take the daily chores that need to be done to keep your home tidy and do them in bursts. Set the timer for ten minutes. What doesn't get finished, doesn't get finished until the next session.

I am hoping this will help me because I work from home, so I really do need that structure to get stuff done in a timeframe. I tend to be easily distracted, ok, VERY easily distracted and need something to remind me of the tasks at hand!!

Does anyone else try this method? Have you? Do you have a different method of cleaning and keeping a home? Please feel free to share!!
~~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails