Monday, January 16, 2012

Year Without Wal-Mart Check In

Well, so far so good. I've done several shopping trip this month and not had to set foot in WM once. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, read my previous post here.

I've not even noticed a difference so far. I've used the local grocery stores, Amazon, and Sam's Club (yes, I am keeping Sam's because I already paid for the membership, I'm not throwing money away. There are also some business expense items I get there.)

I seem to have still spent the normal amount, no more then usual, for my groceries. Sure I've noticed some things are more costly at local grocery stores, but even if I pay 1.50 for taco seasoning versus .50.....it's still a savings when I don't buy 20.00 worth of nonsense stuff I can't resist!
I shall keep you posted, but so far, so good!
~~Amy

2 comments:

Danyel said...

Oh Crap... I forgot about this & I shopped at WM on the 13th. Whoops.
Anyway, good for you for sticking with it!!

Amy said...

lol I'm trying! I am definitely aware of prices more now and going to start writing things down so I can see where the price differences are. Thankfully we have two "at cost" grocery stores in town, one fully stocked with all major brands, and it helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails