Sunday, February 12, 2012

Year Without Walmart Confessional

I caved...I made it to February!! But I've had one cave on my Year Without Wal-Mart.... I knew it would come to this. My Dad needed to go to Wm and I knew it would be hard to withstand. I actually would have made it through the entire store if not for three things:

* Rice cakes. Eli eats these like crazy and I was out. At my last grocery run to Winn Dixie they had NO regular rice cakes, only the tiny small ones, and he only eats the White Cheddar regular rice cakes. Walmart had them...so I caved for my baby.

*Reese's Puffs and Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch cereals.....Harrison has been asking for those and apparently they are 5 bucks or so at most 'regular' grocery stores. So when I walked by them at 2.98 a piece...yeah, I couldn't pass it up.

So those were my weaknesses....other than that I have held strong and not purchased anything else at Walmart!! So I consider it going well!

Now if I can keep my Dad out of there and encourage him to go elsewhere, I'll be okay! One slip up in 6 weeks isn't too bad...I'll keep plugging along!

For the record I've not noticed a major difference in the cost of our groceries. We are still getting the food we normally do (other than the above things I  mentioned). I use coupons when I have them for items I need, I shop at Winn Dixie for things on sale to get the fuel perks. Overall, not noticing a huge difference in life without Wal-Mart.

Interesting...



~~Amy

1 comment:

smiss00.artfire.com said...

I'm pretty good with not shopping there, esp cause mine doesn't have a fabric dept. But they still have some deals that just cannot be passed. I have found the stainless step garbage cans and covered litter boxes are a good deal there. And they are the only store I know to get a brand of pet products I like. Not that I can think of what that brand is right now. Ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails