Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Crafty With It...Chalkboard Bill Center

A few weeks ago my sister and I were perusing around antique shops (if you recall from my Beyonce' meeting post.) And I found this awesome shutter set for six bucks! Right away I knew I had to give it a go at upcycling it.


I got a can of chalkboard spray paint, sanded the shutters down and got to spraying. After a few coats on each side and some dry time, it was ready!

I set it atop the small rolltop desk my husband uses to pay bills at. When we move, I plan to hang it on the wall. I'll also write something more witty on it later when my brain cells have recouped from the spray paint.



I also got chalky with my vinyl and this frame I found at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. Again, when we move, I'll spray paint the frame a pretty color to fit the new kitchen (I'm hoping blue!) but for now, I'll leave it white. Every night I write the dinner menu on it for the kids to read.


Psst, want to hear my secret? I just stuck the chalkboard vinyl on the wall and hung the frame up over it :)

Have you done any fun upcycles lately?
~~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails